Peoria's Source for Beauty Expertise
We’ve served clients in Peoria and throughout Arizona for years, and we’re happy to help you improve your skin’s health and revitalize your natural beauty. Below you’ll see some frequently asked questions we often get. Feel free to read through them or call us today for more information. At Valley Skin MedSpa, we strive to meet your beauty needs and exceed your expectations.
EYELASHES: CAN I WEAR MASCARA?
No. The chemicals in the mascara can sit on your lashes and be impossible to get off. The reason you get lash extensions is to not use mascara. Protect your investment and allow them to last a full 2-4 weeks by not wearing mascara.
Expert tip: Get black
EYELASHES: HOW OFTEN WILL I NEED TO GET A FILL?
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
EYELASHES: CAN I GET THEM WET?
Yes; after the first 24-48 hours, you can resume getting them wet. However, excessive heat and moisture will affect the retention and you may find yourself coming in more frequently to get a fill. Avoid excessive moisture, meaning more than your daily cleansing.
EYELASHES: SHOULD I COME IN WITH MY MAKEUP ON FOR A FILL?
Absolutely not. You shouldn’t be wearing a ton of eye makeup anyway, but if you do show up with makeup on, we will be spending more time cleaning than we will be lashing. You are paying us for a lash fill, not for us to clean your makeup off. If you have makeup residue, especially mascara, you will likely have trouble with retention that particular round. You must have squeaky-clean lashes for us to do a long-lasting application.
EYELASHES: I AM DONE HAVING LASHES; CAN I REMOVE THEM WITH BABY OIL?
No. Please never attempt to remove lash extensions yourself; you will cause serious damage to your own natural lashes. Please schedule an appointment with a professional to have them removed properly.
PERMANENT MAKEUP: WHAT DO I DO IF MY PROCEDURE AREA BECOMES INFECTED?
First, call your doctor! Visit your physician and get the proper treatment. Next, Call Valley Skin MedSpa and notify us of the situation.
PERMANENT MAKEUP: ARE THERE RISKS INVOLVED WITH GETTING PERMANENT MAKEUP?
- Infection. Non-sterile equipment and needles can easily pass along infections such as hepatitis and staph bacteria. Infection can also result from touching your freshly applied permanent makeup, not keeping them clean, and not caring for them properly. Infection can happen even in the most perfectly sanitized area. We do our best to protect you from infection. If an infection should occur, contact your doctor immediately and contact Valley Skin MedSpa to inform of us the infection.
- Granulomas. These are nodules that may form around material the body perceives as foreign, including particles of tattoo pigment.
- Scarring. If you are prone to developing scars, you may be at risk of keloid formation (these are scars that form beyond normal boundaries).
- Allergic reaction. Although rare, allergic reactions to the ink used in permanent makeup can be very serious, as it’s difficult to fully remove all the pigment.
- Removal problems. Removing permanent makeup, or any kind of
tattoo,is a painstaking, slow process. It can take several visits to a doctor to permanently remove the ink, and it’s an expensive, painful procedure.
PERMANENT MAKEUP: AM I A CANDIDATE FOR PERMANENT MAKEUP?
- Undergoing cancer treatment
- Keloid formation
- Steroids—you must have been off medication for a minimum of 6 weeks prior to procedure
- Accutane/Retin-A/Renova users
- Active skin disorders: pinkeye, psoriasis, active herpes simplex, and shingles
- Sunburns—wait until after condition clears
- Blood disorders—sickle cell anemia, hemophilia, large doses of aspirin; if you are taking Coumadin or Heparin, you must have written permission from your physician
- Cortisone users
- Mental disorders
- Diabetes—many clients with diabetes will not heal well and are more prone to infection
- Patients with autoimmune disorder (until cleared by physician)
PERMANENT MAKEUP: HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO HEAL?
PERMANENT MAKEUP: HOW DO I CARE FOR MY NEW COSMETIC TATTOO?
- Wash your hands before washing your procedure area!
- Cleanse your procedure area throughout the day.
- Do not touch your new cosmetic tattoo!
- Do not wear makeup over the procedure area for at least 7-10 days.
PERMANENT MAKEUP: HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
Typically, you will require a touch-up yearly. Some don’t require this; however, to remain in good standing with the spa, we encourage you to come in as your technician advises.
PERMANENT MAKEUP: I HAVE EYELASH EXTENSIONS; CAN I STILL GET MY EYELINER TATTOOED?
No; eyelash extensions must be removed prior to your appointment. Please do not attempt to remove these yourself. You may schedule with your lash girl/guy to have them removed, or Valley Skin MedSpa can remove them for you on a separate day from your cosmetic tattoo.
SKINCARE: WHAT IS DMK?
Danné Montague-King (DMK) is a brand that believes the origin of most skin conditions is a result of disharmony within the skin. Using the principles of biochemistry, DMK has formulated a range of treatments and products designed to educate the skin to perform like youthful, healthy skin. By matching formulations within the body’s chemistry, the skin is encouraged to respond in a positive manner. DMK’s revolutionary concepts of Remove, Rebuild, Protect, Maintain aims to match an individual’s biochemistry with the appropriate skin therapy. Botanical-based paramedical products make up the DMK
SKINCARE: WHO USES DMK?
DMK clinics have a high-end clientele of TV personalities and models—people whose livelihoods depend on their appearance. We don’t just address
SKINCARE: WHAT ARE THE DMK ENZYMES?
SKIN CARE: HOW MANY TREATMENTS WILL I NEED?
DMK Clinical treatments vary from person to person, and condition to condition. Some cases require weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly visits. It really depends how fast you want the results and what the issues are that you face. We can discuss the treatment plan at the time of your first appointment or at your consultation.
SKIN CARE: WHAT IS DMK’S RRMP PROCESS?
“RRMP” stands for removing dead skin buildup, rebuilding skin, protecting skin, and maintaining beautiful skin through DMK’s signature home
SKIN CARE: WHAT IS THE PLASMATIC EFFECT?
It is the incredible “plasmatic effect” from DMK’s unique Oxygen Therapy. You can actually see the capillaries opening up, pumping more blood, oxygen, and nutrients into the skin. Real oxygen therapy from the inside—you have to see it to believe it.
SKIN CARE: WHERE CAN I LEARN MORE ABOUT DMK?
You can learn more by visiting their website.
POLICIES: WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
We need at least 24 hours’ notice to cancel or change your appointment. Texting or calling is best. If you are canceling with less than 24 hours’ notice, you will be subject to a 50% cancellation fee—no exceptions. This is a form and policy that you signed and acknowledged at the first visit, as well on your email/text reminders. Please have the courtesy to allow us the time to fill your appointment time with another client.
POLICIES: WHAT IF I AM RUNNING LATE?
Please notify us if you are running late. We book appointments back to back, so if you are late, this will dip into your time. If you are more than 15 minutes late, you will be charged for a no-show/cancellation due to not allowing us enough time to provide you sufficient service. Remember: You are a walking advertisement for Valley Skin MedSpa; we will not Jeopardize our product because you were late.
Book with our experienced staff today